Friday 21 September 2012

Fire Angels

Some fairly rough and ready 'work in progress' shots of my Rogue trader Inq's retinue of 'fire angels' marines. I chose to do them in a very 'dirty' white as given they are the pre 'trader' 85 marine I wanted a fairly generic 'space troopers' look to them (as in white armour) but didn't want them to look too much like my Eldar. Fire Angels seemed like a good 'white' choice of a classic chapter... i never really like the way GW went with the 'ghengis khan in space' of the white scars (my other consideration). I briefly considered doing 'silver skulls'
but where possible I like to avoid metallic paint in any quantity and i dont think i could do non metallic metal painting justice. as it is i think 'fire angels' will do nicely having a weird KKK meets crusaders look to them and also being 'badab war' loyalists to counter my copplestone and naismith scult marines who i'm doing as lamenters (i'm totally going to regret choosing a yellow chapter as i find yellow a pig to paint).

6 comments:

  1. I could never do that red line down the helmet. Mine never came out even. I just game up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thin paint, new brush, hold breath :)

    I find it tricky these days as i'm on very strong painkillers that make my hands shake sometimes. Holding your breath really does help. For the maltese cross on the shoulder pad i'm using deep red art pens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice paint jobs, makes me want to do some Rogue Trader marines again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr McFonz from Frothers I presume? High praise indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mc Fonz, i really should work out resorting my login for frothers at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What was your source material? Where did you find the paint scheme?
    I am doing Badab war Fire Angels and i saw this style somewhere and fell in love with it, as the Badab War Fire Angel's scheme is just too much silver paint.

    ReplyDelete