Saturday 12 May 2012

Me and my Monkey

Thought it might be fun to create a miniature to serve as my 'avatar' on the tabletop, so here he is - Colonel Kane (rtd), spy, xenologist and explorer extraordinaire. Scourge of the Obscura dens of Dread Mandragora sector, translator of the epic 'Transcendental Orbs of the Great God Vaul', and suitor of the Exodite Princess Lak'Shimbai.


He's made from a range of Citadel plastic components, with a head from Black Pyramid Games. I intend to use him in games of Rogue Trader in alien safari type scenarios. His weapon will count as a grenade launcher and he'll be equipped with all manner of unusual kit designed to bag himself some big nasties, especially stasis grenades and the likes.

13 comments:

  1. Love him! Pulp adventures ahoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool idea, nicely carried-off in miniature form!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say old'boy, splendid work and what a spiffing hat. Should sort those miscreant alien lackeys out quite easily and they'll know who gave the what for! Top show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to see you guys back in the saddle. missed reading your battle reports on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the concept and the execution, "top show!" indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely kitbash and painting. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely kitbash! You can barely see the sources!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really is brilliant, Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really awesome work, Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, 1st time stopping by here. Great work, Sir! I salute Col. Kane!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whooohooo, I'm finally caught up. I'm sad to hear that you don't have much time to play anymore, as I loved the stories you wrote early on, about Jeriko's Reach. Did you have any plan about what would happen there, or did you make it up as you go along?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheers mate! I've been thinking about a game set on the Reach for a while now, but it'll need a few special models made (I've ordered the parts). Maybe something will surface in the next few weeks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeffery fetch me my blunderbus!!!! Professor Elemental lives sir!!! :D

    ReplyDelete